A Delicious Yellow Squash Noodles with Tomato Basil Sauce Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Yellow Squash Noodles with Tomato Basil Sauce recipe that includes Yellow,Squash. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 3 persons (2-3 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- Yellow Squash Noodles
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 5 medium roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes (I used the kind that is not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 large yellow squash
- 2/3 cup of yellow plum tomatoes (optional)
- Sautéed Fennel (Optional)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of of olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the garlic and tomatoes cut side down. Let the tomatoes cook for 3 minutes before turning them over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the sautéed tomatoes, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and salt until smooth.
- Cut off both ends of each of the yellow squash. Spiralize the squash with Blade B, and chop the noodles several times so that they are easier to eat. Be sure to slice the part of the squash that is not spiralized and mix them with the noodles. NOTE: If you do not own a spiralizer, use a vegetable peeler to create yellow squash ribbons.
- If you are adding fennel to this dish, heat a tablespoon of of oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the fennel and sauté them for about 4-5 minutes or until they turn translucent. Season with some fresh dill and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the noodles and sauce together. Serve with the fennel and plum tomatoes.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
SERVES/YIELD: 2-3 servings
Download: Yellow Squash Noodles with Tomato