Appetizing Winter Fattoush Salad Simple Recipe
A delicious Winter Fattoush Salad recipe is made with agave nectar, cabbagw, sumac, kale leaves, lentils, plus others, and you can easily do it by yourself. Combining the ingredients from the list and following the instructions supplied you’ll make your unbelievable dinner.
With our instructions, you will start cooking your favourite dishes like a expert. You can listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear some other time. My brother says this recipe is astonishing. and below you take note of the ingredients essencial for this Middle Eastern dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to present you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese (optional)
- ½ cup of flat leaf parsley leaves (or a mix of parsley and mint)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 fresh Lacinato kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1½ cups cooked lentils (many markets carry vacuum-packed, precooked lentils, or boil 1 cup of dried brown lentils in 2 cups salted water until tender, then drain)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of minced parsley
- 1 large organic English or Persian cucumber with skin (about 1 cup of shredded)
- 2 large pita breads
- 1 small bunch red radishes or other varietals such as watermelon or daikon (about ½ cup, shredded)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small head savoy cabbage (about 2 heaping cups, shredded)
- 1 tablespoon of za’atar
- Toast the pita: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the oil, za’atar and salt in a small bowl. Lay the pita bread on a baking sheet and brush both sides with the oil. Bake until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. When cool enough to handle, tear pitas into bite-size pieces. There should be about 2 cups.
- Make the lentils: Saute the onions and oil in a small skillet until onions soften and begin to brown. Add the lentils and stir to blend. Stir in the garlic and parsley and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut away the thickest part of the kale and cabbage ribs and discard, then roll the leaves into bundles and shred. Trim the cucumber ends, then cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Stack the slices and cut crosswise into shreds. Repeat with the radishes. Tear whole leaves from parsley and/or mint.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl until fully combined. You can also use a handheld blender.
- Compose the salad: Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the lentils and pita crisps. Drizzle with the dressing and toss again. Mound the salad on a serving platter. Top with feta cheese and sprinkle with sumac.
SERVES/YIELD: 6 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Winter Fattoush Salad Recipe