A Delicious Wholemeal Cake Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Wholemeal Cake recipe that includes Wholemeal. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4-6 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 3 Large egg whites (about 130g or slightly more)
- 60g Sugar
- 90g Ground hazelnut
- 30g Brown sugar
- 25g Plain flour
- 60g Wholemeal flour
- 65g Melted butter with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g each Dried apricots and dried cranberries – cut to smaller pieces
- In a large bowl, mix ground hazelnut, brown sugar, plain flour and wholemeal flour together and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar at medium high speed till firm and smooth.
- Use hand to fold one quarter of beaten egg whites to the flour mixture evenly and remaining egg white in two batches.
- Lastly add in melted butter in two batches and mix well with a rubber spatula follow by the dried apricots and dried cranberries.
- Pour mixture into a 7 inch (lined) round cake pan and sprinkle more dried apricots and dried cranberries over it.
- Bake at preheated oven 170C for about 30-35 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool down completely.
SERVES/YIELD: 4-6 servings