A Delicious Traditional Baked Mooncake Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Traditional Baked Mooncake recipe that includes Traditional,Baked. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 18 persons (18 pcs).
Let’s start cooking!
- 9 Salted egg yolks
- 600 grams Hong Kong flour
- 3 kilograms Lotus paste (for about 20 pcs mooncakes)
- 150 grams Peanut oil
- 180g Mung bean paste
- 550g Black sesame paste
- 270g Sugar syrup/golden syrup
- 12 grams Alkaline water
- Remove salted egg yolk whites and rinse under gentle running water. Place yolks on a steaming plate, add 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine and a drop of sesame oil, mix well with the yolks. Steam at high heat for 5 mins and leave yolks to cool.
- Weigh lotus paste to 60g and wrap the steamed salted egg yolk in the center and roll into a ball.
- Same as black sesame tau sar (red bean) paste, roll about 18-20g mung bean paste into a small ball and place in the center of of black sesame tau sar paste.
- Mix sugar syrup, alkaline water and peanut oil together – combine well.
- Sift Hong Kong flour in a large bowl, make a well in the center and pour in the sugar syrup mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula to mix and form to a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Lightly dust some Hong Kong flour on table and knead dough again till smooth. Measure dough to 35g each.
- Wrap the lotus paste/black sesame tau sar with the soft dough then dust some Hong Kong flour on it and place inside the mooncake mold, flatten dough to conform to shape of mold.
- To dislodge the mooncake, gently push out the unbaked mooncake on the lined baking tray, about 10 pieces on one tray, not too close for even baking.
- Baked in preheated oven 180C for 5 mins and rest to cool down (about 10 mins) before egg wash mooncake with a soft brush and bake for another 10 mins at 175C.
- Remove mooncakes from oven and brush some glaze on mooncake.
- Leave mooncakes to cool and store in airtight container.
- Kitchen note : Egg wash – one egg yolk + 1 tbsp water mix well and pass through a sieve. Add little egg yellow coloring and mix well.
SERVES/YIELD: 18 pcs