A Delicious Spinach Cheese Tortellini Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Spinach Cheese Tortellini recipe that includes Spinach,Cheese. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 8 persons (8 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 large can of crushed tomato
- 1 package of cheese tortellini (dried, frozen or fresh) – prepare per package instructions
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- ¾ C milk
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ c Parmesan Cheese – grated (fresh is best). Plus more to taste.
- 2 teaspoon of raw sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Prepare tortellini per package instructions.
- In a large stainless steel pan, heat onions in olive oil and butter over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Add the garlic and allow to cook x 1 minutes. Add the tomatoes (juice and all), salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, thyme, oregano, cumin and dried basil and raw sugar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach leaves all at once and place lid on the pan so that spinach can wilt. Stir occasionally until leaves are wilted. If tomato mixture becomes to dry – you can add water ¼ cup of at a time as needed to wilt the spinach. Continue to allow the tomato mixture to simmer.
- Once the spinach is wilted, in a small bowl, mix flour, milk and cream together and whisk together with a fork or a whisk. Once well blended, add to the tomato/spinach mixture. Add the Parmesan Cheese.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the tortellini from its cooking water and place into the tomato mixture. Gently mix with a wooden spoon being careful not to tear up the tortellini. Heat on stove top until all is heated through. Serve immediately. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil
SERVES/YIELD: 8 servings
Download: Spinach Cheese Tortellini Recipe