A Delicious Spicy Indian-Style Hummus Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Spicy Indian-Style Hummus recipe that includes Spicy,Indian-Style. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Middle Eastern cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 12 persons (3 cups).
Let’s start cooking!
- pinch of asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/4 cups dried chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or more to achieve your desired consistency
- 2 fresh green or red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Rinse the chickpeas and soak for 8 hours or overnight covered in several inches of water. Drain and rinse, then transfer to a large saucepan. Cover with several inches of fresh water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the beans are buttery soft. Drain.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and process until you have a thick, smooth paste. You may need to add extra olive oil or a bit of water if you want a thinner paste.
SERVES/YIELD: 3 cups
Download: Spicy Hummus Recipe