Succulent Shrimp & Orzo Food Recipe
The tasty Shrimp & Orzo recipe is cooked with Shrimp and you can easily do it hassle free. With the ingredients from the list and following the instructions supplied you’ll do your personal delicious lunch.
With our instructions, you will start cooking your favourite dishes like a cook. You can listen the audio instructions or download it to hear some other time. This food is succulent!! and below you will see the ingredients necessary for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is proud to offer you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped, reserving about 2 T. of the feathery fennel fronds for garnish
- 6 oz. package of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley, divinded
- 6 loves of garlic, minced
- lemon wedges, for serving
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 4 t. chopped fresh oregano (1 t. dried can be subbed)
- 1 lb. orzo pasta
- 3/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 2 1/2 c. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. Season the shrimp with salt & pepper, refrigerate until ready to use. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the onion, fennel bulb and 1/2 t. salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are softened and starting to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, cook and stir until the garlic becomes very fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the orzo to the vegetables, stir to coat the orzo with oil, continue cooking, stirring fairly constantly, about 4 minutes, until the orzo has a toasty aroma. Add the wine, cook,stirring constantly, until the liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, water and 1/4 t. salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, simmer, until the orzo is almost completely tender, about 12 minutes, stirring fairly constantly to prevent sticking and adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain a lively simmer.
- After the 12 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, oregano and 1 T. of the parsley. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with the feta. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and the feta is lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and the reserved fennel fronds. Serve with lemon wedges.
SERVES/YIELD: 6-8 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Shrimp & Orzo Recipe