Appetizing Salmon In Banana Leaf Food Recipe
Stupendous mouthwatering Salmon In Banana Leaf recipe is composed with Salmon,Banana and you can easily do it at home. With the ingredients from the list and following our instructions supplied you’ll cook your outstanding delicious dinner.
With our site, you will start making your favourite recipes like a expert. You may listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear while preparing your recipe. My stupendous dad says this recipe is very glamorous!! and below you will find the ingredients required for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to give you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 larges Banana Leaves (big enough to wrap your salmon in)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- pinch Fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- clove Garlic, minced
- piece Ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Peach Preserves
- Crushed Red Chiles
- 1/4 cup Rice (uncooked)
- 3/4 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 fillet or steaks Salmon
- 2 eachs Scallions, slice thin
- 6 scallions
- 3/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 each Star Anise
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Begin by mixing all of your marinade ingredients together and pouring it over the salmon in a big baggy or container. Marinate under refrigeration for at least a half an hour or up to 2 hours.
- While salmon is marinating, put all of your scented rice powder ingredients into a spice grinder and pulse until everything is coarsely ground. Remember, you want a few larger crumbles of rice for mouth-feel!
- Remove the salmon from the marinade (discarding any leftover marinade) and coat it with some of the scented rice powder on each side. You won't use it all with just the 2 pieces of salmon. Save some for another time.
- Lay your banana leaves out flat. Place one salmon fillet in the center of each leaf. Fold one side over the salmon.
- Fold the opposite side over that, then both ends to make a little package.
- Place salmon packets in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Put all of the marinade ingredients into a small sauce pot or alternately, a microwave safe dish and bring to a heat. Whisk everything together and it's ready to serve.
- After ~10-13 minutes, salmon will be finished. Flip the smooth side of the banana leaves up and make a slit through them to serve….they kinda look like tamales, huh!
- I served with chinese noodles, corn and the dipping sauce.
SERVES/YIELD: 2 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Salmon In Banana Leaf Recipe