A Delicious Rice Pudding Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Rice Pudding recipe that includes Pudding. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice or short grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 4 cups whole milk (I use 2%%)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice, salt and stir.
- Simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- In another sauce pan, stir in 1 1/2 milk, sugar, and 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, cook over medium heat
- Stir constantly until thick and creamy, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, and beaten egg, then add to saucepan. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat, Add in butter, and vanilla.
- Season with a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Serve warm.
SERVES/YIELD: 4.0 servings