A Delicious Red Quinoa, Kale, Blood Orange and Pom Salad With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Red Quinoa, Kale, Blood Orange and Pom Salad With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette recipe that includes Quinoa,Blood. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 cups water
- Juice and zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 cup of red quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch black kale
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 2 Meyer Lemons
- 3 inches small blood oranges, cut ⅛s
- 1 package pomegranate seeds, one 8-ounce package
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- Zest of 2 Meyer lemons (juice reserved)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of blood orange juice
- 4 tablespoons of citrus champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable (or chicken) stock (it gives the dressing more
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add zest and juice of 1 meyer lemon and salt and stir into water. Add quinoa and cook according to package directions.
- Wash kale and let dry. Pull the leaves off of the tough center stem and slice into small ribbons.
- Meanwhile, in a large skilled heat olive oil and add shallots. Sauté for about 3 minutes until just softened. Add kale and stir just long enough for the kale to wilt, about 1 minute. Add vinegar and lemon zest, stir and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove pan from the heat. Add orange slices, pomegranate seeds, garbanzo beans and cooked quinoa.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, stock, salt and pepper. Toss with salad (there may be some extra vinaigrette).
SERVES/YIELD: 4.0 servings