Delicious Quinoa Salad with Barberries & Nuts Simple Recipe
The appetizing Quinoa Salad with Barberries & Nuts recipe is cooked with Quinoa,Salad and you can easily do it in your kitchen. With the ingredients from the list and following our instructions below you’ll have your own tasty dinner.
With our help, you will start cooking your favourite dishes like a expert. You may listen the audio of this recipe or download it to hear some other time. I be wild about food, because it is glamorous!! and below you take note of the ingredients vital for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to offer you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 300g quinoa
- 1 1/2 liters boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil (not extra-virgin, it will overpower other flavours)
- 50g barberries
- 4 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp slivered pistachios
- 30g chopped coriander, chopped
- A few sprigs of mint, chopped
- Put the quinoa in a sieve and rinse under running water. Drain. Pour the boiling water over quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add salt, stir well and cook over medium-low heat until it’s cooked through but still has a bite in the centre. Drain in a sieve.
- Pick over the barberries, rinse in a sieve and dry on kitchen paper.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat and lightly toast the almond slivers. Add the pistachios, then the rest of the oil and the rinsed barberries. Cook briefly until the barberries are shiny and a little puffed.
- Save a tablespoon of the barberry and nut mix and a tablespoon of the chopped herbs for garnishing the finished dish. Mix all of the remaining nut and barberry mix, herbs and quinoa. Return to the pot and place on low heat. Cover with a lid and cook for ten minutes or until completely heated through and steam is rising. Turn into a serving dish and fluff with a fork. Add a little extra olive oil and a twist of black pepper if you wish.
- Sprinkle the quinoa with the rest of the berry-nut mix and chopped herbs and serve on its own or as a side for chicken.
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR: