A Delicious Penne Pasta with Broccoli and Cheese Easy Recipe
Learn how to make your own Italian style pasta recipe. This is a very tasty Penne Pasta with Broccoli and Cheese recipe that includes Penne pasta, chicken broth, broccoli, garlic, and parmesan cheese. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 8 oz of penne pasta (I used Trader Joe’s High Fiber Pasta)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen)
- 1/2 tablespoon. basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon. ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 teaspoon. Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot add water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth, basil, black pepper, garlic and broccoli in a large skillet over medium heat bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Add the pasta to the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Add cheese to the pasta mixture
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
0 servings per container
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||7 %|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 4 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 140 mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49 g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Total Sugars 2 g|
|Includes – Added Sugars|
|Protein 14 g||27 %|
|Vitamin D 0 µg||0 %|
|Calcium 141 mg||14 %|
|Iron 2 mg||10 %|
|Potassium 482 mg||10 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Download: Penne Pasta with Broccoli and Cheese