A Delicious Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta and Beans) Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Pasta e Fagioli (Pasta and Beans) recipe that includes Pasta,Fagioli. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Mediterranean,Italian,European cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 6 persons (6 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2, 15-ounce cannellini beans (or Great Northern beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of of low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 small tomatoes, diced (you could also use about 1/4 cup of of marinara sauce)
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup of elbow macaroni (or any small pasta)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley (more for garnish if you'd like), torn into small pieces
- In a large stock pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and the onion. Allow the onion to cook until it is tender (about 3 minutes). Add the tomato (or marinara sauce) and garlic and incorporate it into the mixture. Cook for just 1-2 minutes (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add the vegetable stock, water, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring this to a boil and then add your pasta. Lower the heat and allow the pasta to cook until it’s about 3/4 of the way finished (still slightly firm).
- Add your beans and allow the mixture to continue cooking until the pasta is fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes). Add the parsley toward the end of your cooking time. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve in individual bowls with extra parsley as garnish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
SERVES/YIELD: 6 servings