Mouthwatering Orzo Salad With Vegetables and Herbs Quick Recipe
A succulent Orzo Salad With Vegetables and Herbs recipe is cooked with Salad,Vegetables and you can easily do it in your kitchen. Using the ingredients from the list and following all instructions given you’ll cook your delicious dish.
With our recipes, you will start making your favourite recipes like a cook. You can listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear when you want. My stupendous mom says this recipe is flavorsome! and below you can check the ingredients essencial for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is honored to provide you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce–optional
- 3/4 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions including 2 inches of green stem
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Olive oil
- 1 pound orzo
- 6 ounces to 8 sugar snap peas, trimmed, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups diced tomatoes
- To make the salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add sugar snap peas; cook 1 minute, then transfer peas to a strainer with a slotted spoon. Rinse with cold water and drain. Add orzo to the same pot. Boil until tender but still firm to bite; about 8 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix together orzo, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, parsley, mint, and lemon zest.
- To make the dressing: Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour enough dressing over the salad to coat well. You may have a little dressing left over. Season salad with salt and pepper, if needed. (The salad can be made 1 hour ahead. Do not let it sit longer, or the peas and onions will start to lose their bright color. Cover salad and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- To serve, line shallow serving bowl with lettuce leaves, if you desire. Mound salad in bowl.
SERVES/YIELD: 8.0 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR: