A Delicious Moosewood Lentil Soup Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Moosewood Lentil Soup recipe that includes Moosewood,Lentil. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 6 persons (6.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of molasses or brown sugar
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of minced celery
- 3 pinches of dried herbs (thyme, oregano, or basil)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups lentils, any type
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Red wine vinegar for the top
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Boiling water
- Place lentils and water in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and let cook until lentils are mushy (about 45 minutes).
- Add more water as needed, until the soup is your favorite consistency.
- Heat oil or melt butter in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots, and sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice, and sauté about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to lentils.
- Stir in wine, if desired, lemon juice and molasses or brown sugar.
- Taste to correct seasonings, then simmer for
- At least 15 minutes longer. Serve hot, with a little vinegar drizzled onto each serving, and a sprinkling of minced
- Scallions or parsley on top, if desired.
SERVES/YIELD: 6.0 servings