A Delicious Minted Pea & Spinach Soup Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Minted Pea & Spinach Soup recipe that includes Minted,Spinach. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 6 people (yield: 6.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 2 teaspoons of dried mint (I like mint a lot, but you can use less if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 500 grams (1 lb) frozen peas
- 2 mediums potatoes, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 250 grams (½ pound) fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of water (add more or less, depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 2 tablespoons of yoghurt
- Place pototoes in a medium sized pot with a little bit of water and some salt & pepper. Place lid on and cook for 20 minutes until almost soft.
- Add peas and cook for a further 5 minutes until potatoes are soft and cooked through.
- Add spinach and cook a further 3 -5 minutes, until wilted.
- Take off the heat and let cool for a few minutes, then blend to a puree with an immersion blender.
- Place pot back on the stovetop, adding cream, milk, water and chicken stock. Re-heat for a few minutes until piping-hot. Add yoghurt, mint, sugar, salt and pepper to taste and stir through.
- Serve immediately, scattered with some crispy croutons or bacon bits (or if you’re like me and you just have some cheesegrillers on hand, fry them up in thin slices with a bit of sweet chilli sauce and use as topper).
SERVES/YIELD: 6.0 servings
Download: Minted Pea & Spinach Soup Recipe