Mouthwatering Mediterranean Orzo Salad Simple Recipe
The succulent Mediterranean Orzo Salad recipe is made with Mediterranean,Salad and you can easily do it as a chef. Using the ingredients from the list and following the instructions below you’ll make your outstanding tasty dish.
With our help, you will start making your favourite recipes like a expert. You can listen the audio of this recipe or download it to hear while coooking. This is another adorable recipe from Kitchen Recipes! and below you will find the ingredients vital for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to offer you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 pound orzo
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons of EVOO
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 12 pepperoncinis, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Generously salt water and cook orzo until tender, approximately 7-9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast lightly in oven on 400 degrees. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of of EVOO on medium heat in a non-stick pan. Saute chopped green onions for approximately 2 minutes. Add parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts and cooked orzo. Saute for 3-4 minutes for flavors to combine and absorb into the orzo. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion and pepperoncinis to orzo mixture. Additionally add crumbled feta cheese, red wine vinegar and remaining six tablespoons of of EVOO. Mix well. Can be refrigerated or served immediately.
SERVES/YIELD: 10.0 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Mediterranean Orzo Salad Recipe