A Delicious Lentil Soup with Smoked Turkey Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Lentil Soup with Smoked Turkey recipe that includes Lentil,Smoked. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 10 people (yield: 10 heaping bowls).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups green lentils
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- parmigiano reggiano for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons of salt (adjust to your taste preference)
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1-2 smoked Diestel Turkey thighs
- 2 cans water
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until transluscent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add the lentils and sauté everything together about 3 minutes until lentils are glistening.
- While ingredients are sautéing, bone the Diestel turkey thighs. Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the water, chicken broth, salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme sprigs and the bones from the Diestel turkey thighs to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Check the lentils to see level of “doneness” – they should be soft, but should maintain their shape. Allow soup to cook an additional 15 minutes so that the lentils can sop up more liquid.
- minutes before serving the soup, add the chopped meat. Remember it is smoked so it is already cooked all the way through – we are simply heating it up.
- When lentils are fully cooked and the flavors have come together, remove the thigh bone, bay leaf, thyme sprigs and serve in large heaping bowls.
- Grate desired amount of parmigiano reggiano on top and enjoy!
SERVES/YIELD: 10 heaping bowls
Download: Lentil Soup with Smoked Turkey Recipe