A Delicious Lebanese Lentil Soup Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Lebanese Lentil Soup recipe that includes Lebanese,Lentil. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Middle Eastern cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 people (yield: 4.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seed, crushed
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 ham bone with some meat left on it
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups trimmed spinach cut in ½-inch strips (about 8 oz.)
- 8 cups water (can use 4 c. water and 4 c. 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat lentils, ham bone, and water in large saucepan to boiling. Reduce heat. Skim the excess; skim off the top as it forms. Simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add spinach, onion, garlic, and coriander seed; saute until the spinach is wilted. Add rice and the spinach mixture to lentils. Simmer, uncovered, until lentils and onions are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ham bone, pull ham from bone, chop the meat and stir into the soup. Add more water, if needed, to thin the soup. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
SERVES/YIELD: 4.0 servings
Download: Lebanese Lentil Soup Recipe