A Delicious Irish Soda Bread By Mommie Cooks Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Irish Soda Bread By Mommie Cooks recipe that includes Irish,Bread. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this European,Irish cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 8 persons (1.0 loaf).
Let’s start cooking!
- 4 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Caraway Seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- To a bowl add together your dry ingredients; the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add in the caraway seed and combine.
- Now add in the honey, egg, and buttermilk. Stir it up until a dough just begins to form.
- Add in the melted butter and knead dough until all ingredients are combined. Don't overknead.
- Form into a ball and cut a few 1″ slits at the top.
- Place dough on a baking sheet and place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 50 min. to an hour.
- Test with a toothpick in the center to assure loaf is cooked completely.
SERVES/YIELD: 1.0 loaf
Download: Irish Soda Bread By Mommie