A Delicious Indian-Inspired Falafel Appetizer Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Indian-Inspired Falafel Appetizer recipe that includes Indian-Inspired,Falafel. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Middle Eastern cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 12 persons (12.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of raw black eyed beans
- 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves/cilantro – chopped
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 cup of raw garbanzo beans/ chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1/2 cup of onions – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of parsley – chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable oil, for frying
- Clean and wash the garbanzo beans, black eyed peas and green gram. Soak the lentils overnight/ 6-8 hours in excess water. Drain and set them aside.
- Grind them to a coarse paste in a grinder without water. Mix in all the ingredients and let the mixture sit for 1-2 hours in refrigerator. Bring them down to room temperature and roll them into small balls using a falafel scoop or a spoon or a small ice cream scoop and place over a baking sheet covered with a parchment paper.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep cooking vessel (375 degrees) . Once the oil gets heated up, first fry 1 ball and if the balls lose shape, add little more flour for maintaining the shape.
- Fry them in batches of 6-8 at a time for 2-3 minutes on one side or until they turn golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve with a salad/ pitta bread/tahini sauce/mayonnaise.
SERVES/YIELD: 12.0 servings