A Delicious Ham and Peas Farfalle In Creamy Lemon Parmesan Sauce Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Ham and Peas Farfalle In Creamy Lemon Parmesan Sauce recipe that includes Farfalle,Creamy. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1/2 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas,cooked
- Salt and pepper
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large saucepan with the flour. Whisk together on medium heat for a few minutes, until it just begins to change color.
- Add 1/2 the cream, whisk thoroughly and add the other half of the cream. Continue whisking until smooth and bring to a light boil. Whisk until it thickens (this will only take a minute or so), then turn the heat to low.
- Add the parmesan cheese in two parts, again whisking until everything is smooth and creamy. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice in a slow stream, continuing to whisk. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to it's cooking pot. Add the lemon-cheese sauce and stir gently until the pasta is coated. Add the ham and peas, stir to combine.
- Serve family style or individual dishes with an extra sprinkle of grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings