A Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Gnocchi Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Gluten Free Vegan Gnocchi recipe that includes Gluten,Vegan. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Mediterranean,Italian,European cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 pound large Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed well
- 2 tablespoons of Ener-G egg replacer, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons of potato starch
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Pierce potatoes 2-3 times with a fork, place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Place potatoes on racks set over a cookie sheet and bake 1 hour.
- Allow to cool until you are able to handle them, then peel them into a potato ricer or food mill basin and run through.
- Add egg replacer and beat in.
- Combine the chickpea flour and potato starch, then add to the potato mixture and blend to a fairly stiff dough.
- Divide into four even pieces and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out 1 porton of the dough into a rope about 20″ long.
- Cut rope into approximately 1″ pieces and place onto a lined or greased cookie sheet.
- With the back of a fork, slightly flatten each of the gnocchi. Chill 1 hour before cooking or freeze on the sheet and transfer to a freezer bag for later cooking.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- To cook, heat 1/2 tablespoon of of oil or a small amount of non-stick spray in a large skillet (or for a non-vegan version, cook some bacon until crisp and use the bacon fat). Add chilled gnocchi and cook, stirring once or twice, until well browned on all sides. Add desired sauce (don’t add too much or they will fall apart) and toss well.
SERVES/YIELD: 4.0 servings