A Delicious Garam Masala Pork Chops with Mint Yogurt and Spiced Couscous Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Garam Masala Pork Chops with Mint Yogurt and Spiced Couscous recipe that includes Garam,Masala. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Indian,Asian cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 tablespoon of Cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of couscous
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoon. garam masala spices*
- 1 teaspoon. ground cumin
- 4 6-oz. lean pork loin chops
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 teaspoon. raisins
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon. sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of Greek style yogurt
- Trim pork chops of excess fat. Rub garam masala into chops (both sides).
- Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, to allow flavors to penetrate.
- Chop the mint and stir into the yogurt and refrigerate for the same period as the pork chops.
- Preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Broil chops for about 5 minutes each side. Alternately, grill chops over direct heat until well marked on both sides, move to indirect heat, cover loosely in foil, and cook until internal temp reaches 145F. Remove from heat and allow to rest 3 minutes.
- Serve with mint yogurt.
- Note: *Garam Masala is available in specialty stores and many larger grocery stores.
- In a medium saucepan bring the broth, raisins, olive oil, cumin, cayenne and salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous, bring back to a boil, cover and remove from the heat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Juice the lemon and stir into the couscous with the sesame seeds.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
Download: Garam Masala Pork Chops with