Appetizing Fresh Lentil Salad Quick Recipe
This delicious Fresh Lentil Salad recipe is composed with Fresh,Lentil and you can easily do it in your kitchen. Combining the ingredients from the list and following all instructions given you’ll have your personal mouthwatering dinner.
With our recipes, you will start cooking your favourite dishes like a professional. You may listen the audio instructions or download it to hear when you want. This is a very succulent and easy to do recipe! and below you can check the ingredients needed for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is happy to offer you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 1 seedless english cucumber
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of mint
- Olive oil
- Handful of parsley
- 1 medium red onion
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- In a pot, place lentils, 1/2 yellow onion & garlic cloves with skin removed. Cover lentils with water. Bring to a boil, reduce flame & simmer for 25-35 minutes until lentils are tender – BUT NOT MUSHY. It might be necessary to add a little more water during cooking process as lentils absorb the water.
- When lentils are tender drain. Pick out onions & garlic, discard.
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise & remove seeds. Dice into small pieces about the size of a lentil. Dice the red onion to the same size as well. Chop parsley & mint. When lentils are cool, combine with above ingredients.
- Juice the lemon & combine with double the amount of olive oil (1 part lemon juice/2 parts olive oil) and dress salad. Season with salt & pepper.
SERVES/YIELD: 6.0 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Fresh Lentil Salad Recipe