Appetizing French Style Almond Saffron Cake Quick Recipe
Stupendous succulent French Style Almond Saffron Cake recipe is cooked with French,Style and you can easily do it by yourself. Combining the ingredients from the list and following all instructions supplied you’ll have your own unbelievable dinner.
With our site, you will start doing your favourite food like a professional. You have the choice to listen the audio of this recipe or download it to hear while coooking. This recipe is stupendous!! and below you take note of the ingredients needed for this Mediterranean,French,European dish. Kitchen Recipes is proud to provide you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter- room temperature
- 7 ounces tube almond paste (not marzipan)/ 8 oz can almond paste
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 Zest of orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 (8 inch) round cake pans and set aside.
- Heat milk on medium heat, add orange zest and saffron, bring to a gentle simmer and take off heat. Let cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Using a stand mixer cream butter and almond paste for 5 minutes. I cut up the almond paste to smaller pieces and added to mixer.Add confectioners sugar and beat till fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add in flour and sour cream alternately.
- Gently pour in saffron mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter between both prepared pans and bake for 30/40 minutes, test for doneness with a cake tester. I baked mined for 40 minutes. Serve with berries or dusted with confectioners sugar.
SERVES/YIELD: 12 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
0 servings per container
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26 g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 13 g||67 %|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 130 mg||43 %|
|Sodium 319 mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36 g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Total Sugars 18 g|
|Includes 10 g Added Sugars|
|Protein 7 g||15 %|
|Vitamin D 1 µg||7 %|
|Calcium 121 mg||12 %|
|Iron 1 mg||6 %|
|Potassium 159 mg||3 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Download: French Style Almond Saffron Cake Recipe