Delicious Ditalini with peas Food Recipe
A tasty Ditalini with peas recipe is composed with Ditalini and you can easily do it at home. Using the ingredients from the list and following our instructions below you’ll have your own tasty food.
With our recipes, you will start doing your favourite recipes like a chef. You can listen the audio instructions or download it to hear some other time. My dad says this recipe is flavorsome!! and below you will find the ingredients required for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is happy to supply you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- ½ teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 400g ditalini pasta
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 100g ham, cut into small dice about the size of peas
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, cut into small dice about the size of peas
- 200g ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric diluted in 2 ladels of water
- Place the onion in the cold olive oil and soften without colouring. Add a teaspoon of of water from time to time to stop it frying and colouring. Cook till wilted and opaque, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and enough water to just cover. Season with salt and pepper and cook till tender, 5 to 15 minutes for fresh peas depending on freshness and size or 10 minutes for frozen.
- Just before the peas are done, add the diced pancetta and ham, stir through and turn the heat off.
- Stir in the turmeric liquor and add the ricotta sieving it through a colander. Ricotta has to melt into the cooking liquids so it becomes a golden sauce. Keep warm until the pasta is done.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Drain the pasta and save some of the cooking pasta water for the sauce. If it seems dry, add the water to dilute it.
- Immediately toss the cooked pasta in the sauté pan so it is thoroughly coated with the sauce and serve at once with the grated Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Ditalini with peas Recipe