A Delicious Delicious Creamy Lentils and Chestnuts Soup Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Delicious Creamy Lentils and Chestnuts Soup recipe that includes Delicious,Creamy. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup of roasted chestnuts
- 1 clove or garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato
- 1/2 cup of sweet cherry tomatoes or Roma tomatoes chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Put the lentils in a large pot and cover with water. Add the onions, garlic, potato, tomatoes, chestnuts, bay leaf, salt and pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for about 20 minutes and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Let it sit and cool down for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. To obtain a creamy velvety consistency use an electric immersion blender .
- You can serve it warm or at room temperature. I like to add 2 or 3 tablespoons of cooked brown rice to make this dish richer and have a crunchiness while you’re eating.
- Advice: Even if there is no need to soak lentils, I like to soak my lentils for 8 hours and then rinse them under running water. It makes them easier for your body to digest.
- Tip: Try to freeze it if there is any leftover. It’s a very handy meal to have in your freezer when you don’t feel like cooking or want to have a comfort soup. I usually take it out from the freezer first thing in the morning and by lunch time it’s ready to eat!
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings