Succulent Crispy Italian Cauliflower Poppers Appetizer Simple Recipe
Stupendous and delicious Crispy Italian Cauliflower Poppers Appetizer recipe is prepared with Crispy,Italian and you can easily do it at home. Using the ingredients from the list and following the instructions supplied you’ll make your personal delicious dish.
With our instructions, you will start doing your favourite dishes like a cook. You may listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear some other time. I adore meal, because it’s flavorsome!! and below you will see the ingredients vital for this Mediterranean,Italian,European dish. Kitchen Recipes is honored to present you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces (no larger that 1-inch)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup of All-purpose flour
- 3-4 T. chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 3/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 T. water
- Preheat oven to 400º f. Brush a large baking sheet with a tablespoon of of the olive oil. In a large, shallow dish combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of of the olive oil. Toss well with a fork until the oil is completely dispersed into the bread crumbs. Combine the eggs with 1 tablespoon of of water in a medium bowl. Place the flour in a large resealable bag.
- Add half of the cauliflower florets to the bag with the flour, seal and shake to coat well. Remove the cauliflower to a fine mesh strainer and shake to remove excess flour. Place the floured cauliflower on a plate. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Working with a few pieces at a time. Add to the beaten egg. Using a fork, turn and toss the florets in the egg to completely coat. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and coat, pressing the crumbs into the florets, the help them adhere. Place on the oiled baking sheet, making sure you leave a little space between each florets so they crisp up really well. Repeat this step with the rest of the cauliflower. Spray the tops of the breaded florets lightly with cooking spray. Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes, Flip the pieces over and continue baking for about 15 more minutes, until the cauliflower is crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the marinara. Pulse the undrained tomatoes in a food processor a few times until mostly broken down. Heat 1 tablespoon of of the oil with the garlic and pepper flakes in a medium saucepan over medium heat until just sizzling. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes until the marinara thickens slightly and the flavors develop. Add 2 tablespoons of of the fresh basil, season with salt and pepper if needed.
- When the cauliflower is done baking, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining basil. Serve with the marinara.
SERVES/YIELD: 4-6 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR: