Delicious Coconut-Almond Crusted Tilapia Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Coconut-Almond Crusted Tilapia recipe that includes Coconut-Almond,Crusted. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 fillets).
Let’s start cooking!
- 4 tilapia fillets (or any other firm, white fish, such as cod
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of almond meal, ground almonds, or almond flour
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mint
- oil for frying (coconut oil is recommended)
- Pat and dry fish fillets. Sprinkle both sides with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Squirt juice from 1/2 of the lemon and drizzle the coconut milk over top. Turn to ensure everything is coated well. Let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile prepare the breading by combining the almond meal, shredded coconut, salt, pepper, ginger and mint in a shallow bowl.
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with oil and bring to medium heat. Lay fillets carefully in the skillet and cook, flipping fish halfway through cooking, until both sides are golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Three to five minutes per side for thin fillets, longer if they're thicker.
- Transfer to a stack of paper towels to drain and cool slightly. Serve with Tropical Sweets & Reds Mash.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 fillets