Succulent Classic Macaroni and Cheese Simple Recipe
The mouthwatering Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe is cooked with Classic,Macaroni and you can easily do it at home. Using the ingredients from the list and following the instructions below you’ll do your tasty dinner.
With our site, you will start cooking your favourite dishes like a chef. You may listen the audio instructions or download it to hear when you want. My brother says this recipe is flavorsome!! and below you take note of the ingredients essencial for this American dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to supply you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. short macaroni, cooked
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 3 3⁄4 cups hot whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 6 tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cayenne and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk in hot milk, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in 2 cups of cheese. Cook, stirring, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl, and season with salt. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the bottom of a buttered 8″ × 11″ baking dish. Place one-third of the pasta in the baking dish, top with 1/2 cup of cheese, then repeat, layering pasta and cheese, ending with cheese, making three layers in all.
- Pour cream over assembled macaroni and cheese. Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Add bread crumbs, coat with melted butter, and sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
SERVES/YIELD: 6 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Classic Macaroni and Cheese Recipe