A Delicious Chocolate-Walnut Bread Pudding Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Chocolate-Walnut Bread Pudding recipe that includes Chocolate-Walnut,Bread. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 8 persons (8 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups cubed, stale French bread or challah (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, like Dagoba or Theo
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (Nielsen-Massey, please)
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Generously butter a 2-quart soufflé dish (or 6 ramekins).
- Use a large, heavy knife to chop the chocolate into morsel or “chip” size pieces.
- Place the bread in the soufflé dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate and walnuts. Set aside.
- Heat the half-and-half, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Turn the heat off and add the remaining bittersweet chocolate bits, whisking until smooth.
- In a large bowk, lightly beat the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and Grand Marnier (if using). Add the chocolate mixture slowly, while whisking, until well-blended.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and stir a little to distribute. Let soak at room temperature for at least 2 hours or overnight, pressing the bread down occasionally.
- Set the soufflé dish in a larger baking dish. Add enough water to the larger dish to come halfway up the sides of the soufflé dish. Bake for about 30 minutes until the edge is set but the center is still slightly loose. Cool on a rack; it will continue to set as it cools. Serve warm with Crème Anglaise or vanilla ice cream.
SERVES/YIELD: 8 servings