Tasty Chicken Satay Quick Recipe
This delicious Chicken Satay recipe is prepared with Chicken,Satay and you can easily do it in your kitchen. With the ingredients from the list and following our instructions supplied you’ll make your outstanding delicious food.
With our help, you will start doing your favourite dishes like a cook. You can listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear when you want. This is one astonishing recipe!! and below you will see the ingredients vital for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is proud to present you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 500 grams chicken thigh meat (with fat)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of ground peanuts
- 1 jar of ready made satay sauce (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak 20 bamboo skewers for at least 2 hours in a glass of water. This is to prevent the sticks from burning and breaking when placed under the grill or over the coals.
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, saugar, coconut cream and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the chicken into long thin strips.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce. Ensure the chicken are well coated.
- Tightly seal the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge. Leave to marinade for at least 4 hours. The longer, the better.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Look for a reputable brand of satay sauce. I always use Lee Kum Kee.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of the satay sauce into a bowl.
- The rest of these steps are to be done, subject to taste. I like to taste as I add the other condiments.
- Add the crunchy peanut butter, coconut cream and water. If the sauce is too thick, thin it down with a little more water.
- Add the dark soy sauce, sugar and ground peanuts
- Seal the bowl with cling wrap and set aside until ready to serve. Before serving, warm the satay sauce in the microwave oven, covered slightly, for approximately 1.5 to 2mins.
- When you are ready to grill the chicken, start forming satays by piercing the chicken through the bamboo skewers. I find it alot easier to pierce the meat into the sticks when they are long strips and I pierce through in an undulating manner. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg Celsius at GRILL. Place your oven shelf higher and closer to the top too.
- Lay the satay sticks on a cooling mesh sitting over a flat baking sheet to collect drippings.
- Place the tray of satay under the grill. And grill for 10 to 20 mins. It really depends on how thick your chicken sticks are.
- Remove the tray from the oven when one side of the satay is a golden brown (not dark brown!). Turn over the satay to the other side. And continue to grill till it has a nice dark golden brown. I like it a little burnt.
- Serve warm with satay sauce and sliced cucumber.
- [Update on 31 Aug 2011 – I've been pan frying the skewers of meat instead of grilling them. That keeps the meat alot more tender. Use a regular flat pan or a stove top grill pan. Heat the pan with a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil and then cook slowly at a medium heat till brown and slightly crisp. I also marinate the meat overnight in the marinade.]
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Chicken Satay Recipe