Tasty Chicken In A Pot Simple Recipe
This delicious Chicken In A Pot recipe is cooked with Chicken and you can easily do it as a chef. With the ingredients from the list and following all instructions given you’ll make your personal tasty dinner.
With our instructions, you will start doing your favourite recipes like a cook. You may listen the audio cooking instructions or download it to hear later. This is another enjoyable meal from Kitchen Recipes. and below you will find the ingredients vital for this dish. Kitchen Recipes is pleased to present you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 4 ½ to 5 pounds Whole chicken (Organic, preferred)
- 2 teaspoons of of Kosher salt or 1 teaspoon of of table salt. Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of of olive oil
- 1 about ½ cup of small onion, chopped
- 1 about ¼ cup of small stalk celery, chopped
- 6 mediums garlic cloves, peeled and trimmed
- 5 smalls bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme or rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and pre- heat oven to 250 degrees
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry. Season well with salt and pepper on each side
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch Oven (9 quarts), over medium heat. Do not allow oil to smoke
- Place chicken breast side down. Cook until breast is lightly browned, about 5 minutes
- Using a wooden spoon inserted into cavity of the bird and flip chicken breast side up, add remaining ingredients except lemon juice, and cook about 6 to 8 minutes
- Remove from heat. Place a large aluminum sheet over the pot, place the lid on top. This is to ensure a tight seal, so that no vapors escape during the cooking process
- Transfer the Dutch Oven in your pre heated oven. Cook approximately 1:30 minutes
- Removed pot from the oven and check the chicken internal temperature (must be at least 160 degrees)
- Remove chicken and place onto a carving board, tent with foil and allow to rest about 20 minutes
- Strain chicken juices from the pot through a fine mesh. Place the juices into a fat separator
- Pour the juices into a saucepan (discard any of the fat left in the separator), add lemon juice and any juices from the carving board. Cook approximately 5 minutes and serve!
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Chicken In A Pot Recipe