Succulent Chicken Burritos Simple Recipe
The delicious Chicken Burritos recipe is composed of chicken thighs, flour tortillas, avocadoes, tomatoes, and other tasty ingredients which you can easily do it at home like a chef. Combining the ingredients from the list and following the instructions given you’ll make your personal tasty dish.
With our instructions, you will start cooking your favourite recipes like a cook. You could listen the audio of this recipe or download it to hear later. This is a very awesome and easy to do recipe! and below you take note of the ingredients required for this Mexican dish. Kitchen Recipes is glad to offer you this recipe.
Let’s start cooking!
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 600 grams chicken thigh meat
- 1 bunch of cilantro (coriander)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 Juice from lemon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Salt, or to taste
- 4 large tomatoes
- Cut the chicken thighs into one inch sized pieces.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper. Or do what I always do for dishes that call for salt and pepper. I use Masterfoods Garlic Pepper. Give it a good sprinkle, about 1 tablespoon of it. Set aside to marinate for a couple of hours.
- Slice the top of the tomatoes off.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the soft insides of the tomatoes. This reduces the moisture in the dish and prevents sogginess.
- You’ll get hollow tomatoes. NICE.
- Chop the tomatoes up into small bits.
- Chop the onions into small bits.
- Place the onions and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Chop up a bunch of cilantro. Use as much or as little as you like.
- Add the cilantro to the onions-tomatoes mixture. Toss together and set aside.
- Cut a slit round an avocado, against its seed.
- Holding each side of the cut avocado, twist the avocado open to reveal the seed.
- Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh. Place the avocado flesh in a large bowl and mash it up evenly till it becomes creamy.
- Add the tomatoes mixture to the avocados.
- Combine well.
- Squeeze in juice from one lemon.
- Add a generous portion of salt to taste. About 1 to 2 teaspoons.
- At this point, you’ll have guacamole. If you like, dish it up in a serving bowl and serve it with chips.
- Now cook the chicken. Heat a pan with a few tablespoons of cooking oil till it’s very hot. It has to be very hot or the chicken won’t brown.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Be careful! It’ll sizzle and splatter.
- Turn the pieces over to brown the other side after a few minutes.
- When the chicken are browned, remove them from the pan and set aside at a warm place.
- Using a clean, dry pan, toast the tortillas one at a time on each side.
- They are ready to be used when they are soft and warm.
- Add a serving of the guacamole mixture.
- Add a serving of the chicken.
- Quickly wrap the burrito up. If it cools, the tortilla will crack and it would be impossible to roll it up.
- Roll over once. Fold in the sides, and roll over again till it’s fully wrapped.
- Serve immediately or wrap in aluminum foil and keep them in the oven till ready to eat.
SERVES/YIELD: 4.0 servings
AUDIO RECIPE – CLICK AND HEAR:
Download: Chicken Burritos Recipe