A Delicious Cashew Butter Chicken Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Cashew Butter Chicken recipe that includes Cashew, Butter, yogurt, and chicken. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Indian, Asian cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1 piece of ginger, finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 4 tablespoon of oil, divided
- 1 medium cooking onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of plain Greek style yogurt
- 4 large canned whole plum tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of oil, salt, ½ teaspoon of each of the garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin and dried fenugreek leaves, ¼ teaspoon of each of cayenne and turmeric. Toss well to coat. Spread evenly on baking tray. Bake for 20 min or until chicken is roasted and lightly browned. Drain juices, reserve chicken.
- Warm remaining 2 tablespoon of oil in deep skillet over medium high heat. Add cumin seeds, sauté 30 sec. Add garlic, ginger and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally for about 7-8 min or until onions are softened and lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes. Stir gently, crushing them into the sauce with the back of your stirring spoon. Add remaining spices and salt. Cook for about 5 min or until tomatoes have thickened slightly. Add yogurt, stirring continuously. Cook 2 min, then add ½ cup of water. Mix well, bring contents of skillet to a boil. Add chicken, cook 10 min for flavours to blend. Fold in fresh coriander.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
0 servings per container
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 124 g||191 %|
|Saturated Fat 23 g||114 %|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 1,456 mg||485 %|
|Sodium 5,004 mg||209 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||41 %|
|Total Sugars 16 g|
|Includes – Added Sugars|
|Protein 314 g||628 %|
|Vitamin D 0 µg||0 %|
|Calcium 281 mg||28 %|
|Iron 19 mg||104 %|
|Potassium 5,115 mg||109 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.