A Delicious Cashew Butter Chicken Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Cashew Butter Chicken recipe that includes Cashew, Butter, yogurt, and chicken. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Indian, Asian cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1 piece of ginger, finely grated or minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 medium cooking onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain Greek style yogurt
- 4 large canned whole plum tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp oil, salt, ½ tsp each of the garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin and dried fenugreek leaves, ¼ tsp each of cayenne and turmeric. Toss well to coat. Spread evenly on baking tray. Bake for 20 min or until chicken is roasted and lightly browned. Drain juices, reserve chicken.
- Warm remaining 2 tbsp oil in deep skillet over medium high heat. Add cumin seeds, sauté 30 sec. Add garlic, ginger and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally for about 7-8 min or until onions are softened and lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes. Stir gently, crushing them into the sauce with the back of your stirring spoon. Add remaining spices and salt. Cook for about 5 min or until tomatoes have thickened slightly. Add yogurt, stirring continuously. Cook 2 min, then add ½ cup water. Mix well, bring contents of skillet to a boil. Add chicken, cook 10 min for flavours to blend. Fold in fresh coriander.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
0 servings per container
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 124 g||191 %|
|Saturated Fat 23 g||114 %|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 1,456 mg||485 %|
|Sodium 5,004 mg||209 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10 g||41 %|
|Total Sugars 16 g|
|Includes – Added Sugars|
|Protein 314 g||628 %|
|Vitamin D 0 µg||0 %|
|Calcium 281 mg||28 %|
|Iron 19 mg||104 %|
|Potassium 5,115 mg||109 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.