A Delicious Butternut Squash, Arugula and Goat Cheese Quinoa Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Butternut Squash, Arugula and Goat Cheese Quinoa recipe that includes Butternut,Squash. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 side dish servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- 5 cups arugula (about 4 big handfuls)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans, toasted (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss butternut squash with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil (possibly less, just enough to coat) and season with salt and pepper. Spread in one layer on cookie sheet.
- Roast butternut squash for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender.
- While squash is roasting, combine quinoa and water or stock in a saucepan. If using water, season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, butternut squash, arugula, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crumbled goat cheese. Season with a pinch more salt and pepper. Toss well to mix everything and wilt arugula.
- Serve immediately, garnished with toasted nuts, if desired.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 side dish servings
Download: Butternut Squash, Arugula and Goat