A Delicious Butternut Squash and Chorizo Pasta Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Butternut Squash and Chorizo Pasta recipe that includes Butternut,Squash. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch chorizo sausage cut slices
- 1 inch medium butternut squash peeled and diced small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme (or equivalent dried)
- 8 ounces cavatelli pasta (cooked to al dente) (reserve some of the pasta water)
- 1/4 cup of of parmigiano or pecorino cheese grated (I used a mixture)
- Heat olive oil and chili flakes.
- Add chorizo and saute until the sausage begins to release it’s oils.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until softened (a few minutes).
- Season with s&p.
- Add squash and stir mixture together.
- Add chopped thyme.
- Saute mixture for 5 minutes or so uncovered.
- At this point put your pasta water on to boil.
- Continue to saute your squash mixture covered for 5 minutes.
- Check the squash for firmness.
- You want the squash to be tender but still hold it’s shape.
- When the squash is tender transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add your cooked pasta to the squash.
- Mix everything together with your cheese.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture if you want.
- Serve with more grated cheese over top.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings