A Delicious Beet Gnocchi With Butter Recipe
Delicious Gnocchi With Steak and Butter Sauce
Tasty Beet Gnocchi With Steak and Brown Butter Sauce recipe. Easy to make it at home like a chef. Just follow the instructions. It’s main ingredients are gnocchi, beef, striploin steak, and butter. This Mediterranean, Italian, European cusine recipe serves 4 persons (4 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 5 beets cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 striploin steak
- Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup shallot diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- handful of chopped walnuts
PART 1 – Cooking the beets:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the beets.
- Cut them into quarters.
- Toss and coat them well in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place the beets on baking dish.
- Roast them in oven for about 1/2 hour or until you can pierce the beets easily with a fork.
PART 2 – Assembly:
- Put a large pot of water on, to boil gnocchi.
- Mash or puree the roasted beets well in a bowl.
- Add goat and ricotta cheese.
- Add flour and stir.
- If necessary add more flour until the dough is just dry enough that it does not stick to the bowl and holds together. You want to be very careful about how much flour you add. If you are heavy handed with it, your gnocchi will be heavy.
- Place dough on floured surface.
- Roll out into long thin logs.
- Cut logs into 1/2 inch sections.
- When your pasta water is boiling salt it well and then add gnochhi in small batches.
- Remove gnocchi when they float to the surface of the water (about 30 seconds)
PART 3 – Saute the cooked gnocchi:
- Heat small saute pan with a little olive oil.
- In small batches saute the gnocchi about 20–30 seconds on each side.
PART 4 – The Steak:
- Get your Striploin steak.
- Pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium heat about 3 minutes on first side and 2 minutes on the second for rare.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice to serve.
PART 5 – Buttering the Sauce:
- Melt butter in small pot or pan over medium low heat.
- Add shallots and saute until softened (2 minutes).
- Add thyme.
- Continue to cook until butter gains a slightly darker colour.
- Toss the gnocchi in sauce.
- Reserve some to drizzle over steak on plate.
SERVES/YIELD: 4 servings
Download: Beet Gnocchi With Steak Recipe