A Delicious Baked Penne Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Baked Penne recipe that includes Baked,Penne. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 8 persons (8.0 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled& seeded
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 baby portobella mushrooms, chopped
- 12 ounces penne pasta (I used Garden Delight, any would work)
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped& partially seeded (depends how hot you want it!)
- 1 cup of water
- cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Chop butternut squash into 1″ pieces and roast on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray until lightly browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- Once the squash is done baking, reduce heat to 350*.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions, using the shortest recommended cooking time.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onions and mushrooms.
- In a food processor, combine about 1 cup of roasted butternut squash cubes, tomato paste, jalapeño, water, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning until well blended.
- Mix with drained pasta, onions, mushrooms and kale.
- Spray a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray and pour pasta mixture into pan. Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes.
SERVES/YIELD: 8.0 servings
Download: Baked Penne Recipe