A Delicious Baked Indian Samosas Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Baked Indian Samosas recipe that includes Baked,Indian. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Indian,Asian cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 8 persons (8 samosas).
Let’s start cooking!
- 2 packages puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 1/4 cup of peas
- 1/2 Juice of lime
- 5 tablespoons of chipotle sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, add the potato and enough cold water to cover. Add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Bring 4 cups water to a simmer and add a generous pinch of salt, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, peppercorns, chili flakes, and chicken breast. Simmer until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mash the potato and finely shred the chicken and put into a large bowl. Combine with peas, mango, lime juice, chipotle sauce, remaining coriander seeds, cumin, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mixing with a spoon or your hands, until well incorporated. Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary.
- Roll the puff pastry out slightly, flattening the seams. Using a paring knife to trace a 7-inch ring mold or bowl, cut the dough into 8 (7-inch wide) rounds. Cut each into 2 semicircles.
- Put a tablespoon of or so of the filling in the center of a semicircle. Have a small bowl of water handy. Dip your finger in the water and run it along the edges of the semicircle. Arrange the samosas so the flat side is facing away from you. Grab the left corner and fold it over the dough in a triangular motion, so that this corner lands on the bottom right side of the filling. Do the same with the other corner.
- Squeeze bottom shut, and fold over, sealing with water and then press with a fork. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Arrange the 8 samosas on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and 1 teaspoon of water with a fork until thoroughly combined. Brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then turn heat down to 375 degrees F and bake for 10 more minutes. You can flip them over just before you turn the heat down, if you like.
- Serve with chutney
SERVES/YIELD: 8 samosas
Download: Baked Indian Samosas Recipe