A Delicious Authentic Jamaican Curry Chicken Easy Recipe
This is a tasty Authentic Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe that includes Authentic,Jamaican. On this page you’ll find the ingredients for this Indian,Asian cusine recipe and cooking instructions. This recipe serves 4 persons (4-6 servings).
Let’s start cooking!
- 1teaspoon. allspice
- 1 tablespoon. coconut oil
- 6 tablespoon. curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic, granulated
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon. black pepper pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or habanero (seeded and minced)
- 3lb of chicken thighs, legs or breast (skinless)
- 2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
- 1tablespoon. thyme
- 2 cups water
- Season the chicken with all of the ingredients except for the potatoes and water and marinate up to 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Add the oil to a Dutch oven and on high heat, fry the only the chicken pieces until it is brown and seared on each side for about 10 minutes.
- After the meat is nice and brown on both sides, add the remaining vegetable marinade, scotch bonnet pepper and water to the pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and lower to a simmer and stew it for about 1 hour until it has a thick consistency.
SERVES/YIELD: 4-6 servings